Missed part 1? Click here!
Alex Rodriguez is the General Manager of Abodu, the premiere DADU company. What’s a DADU? Stay tuned and you’ll find out.
Before Abodu, over the course of 4.5 years Alex worked at some impressive marketplaces he was the Partnerships Lead and Operator @ UberEATS for Seattle & Portland and Regional Market Ops Manager @ Bungalow (co-living spaces).
Alex Rodriguez holds a bachelor’s degree at an American College in Greece, which you’ll hear more about soon!
This conversation was a delight! Alex comes from a unique background that brings a KEY perspective to marketplaces.
This episode is particularly valuable for an Operations Manager or Specialist in a physical marketplace and interested in hearing from someone who’s rolled up their sleeves & improvised at some fascinating marketplaces. As well, a founder or entrepreneur who wants to be the front-runner in a market and everything it takes to get there.
We dive deep into…studying & living in Greece, equine therapy, operating a 3-sided marketplaces, getting his hands dirty building partnerships w/ UberEATS restaurants, building supply AND demand @ Bungalow, How Abodu is a game changer for both families + investors, and the well-oiled machines of standing up an DADUs.
We think you’ll like this one!
Please help grow the show with us…by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts!
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- How Alex is the GM of a startup called Abodu [1:17]
- How do you think about the chicken or the egg problem? [2:30]
- How are you going about building a customer base? [8:09]
- 3 different demographics for Abodu customers [9:15]
- Who’s the 3rd demographic? [11:24]
- What’s the secret sauce to Abodu? [13:31]
- How standardization is streamlining the Abodu product [16:52]
- There’s a housing shortage in Washington [18:09]
- What is the growth plan for Abodu? [19:34]
- How does something like Abodu scale? [20:27]
- How many markets are you in right now? [20:52]
- Rapid mayhem questions! [23:44]
- What’s the next big step change in marketplaces? [29:51]
- Where can we find you? [32:42]
Links from Episode
- Connect with Alex: LinkedIn
- What does a fulfillment manager do
- What does prefab mean
- Mighty Buildings
- What is Scandinavian design
- Abodu Concierge
- Washington State Labor & Industry (L&I)
- Series A, B, C funding
- Housing Washington (conference)
- Abodu Instagram
- Abodu LinkedIn
What’d you learn about DADUs? Comment below.
One response to “#66: Veteran Operator at UberEATS and Bungalow, Alex Rodriguez, will make you really WANT a DADU (and know what the hell it is) (Part 2)”
[…] Ready for part 2? Click here! […]