Daniel O’Neill (@guardianofthedisc) is a 2-time Freestyle Frisbee World Champion and World Urban Games Gold Medalist, former Cirque du Soleil performer, who happens to also be a subject-matter-expert in recruitment marketing.
Daniel was formally the VP of Business Development at Bayard, one of the oldest and most reputable ad agencies in the world. Prior to Bayard, he worked at Recruitics where he cut his teeth on programmatic job ads and was a top sales performer, bringing in clients in the rapid growing “gig economy” space.
Outside of programmatic job ads, Daniel is a world-class freestyle frisbee performer and has been a dancer with the world famous Pilobolus dance theater, is Tournament Director for the Freestyle Frisbee World Championships, and travels the world doing what he loves.
Daniel holds a Bachelor’s in economics, theater, and dance from Columbia University.
This episode is particularly valuable for 1) FOUNDERS who want to consider recruitment marketing for say, a marketplace with buyers & sellers, or 2) SALES leaders who are seeking creative business development strategies for generating new business through sales.
Please help grow the show with me…
by reviewing the show on Apple Podcasts! If you leave a review, it’ll enter you into a $50 Amazon gift card contest, which we’ll announce the winner of every other Thursday.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- What is speed flow? [3:59]
- What would speed flow look like if I was watching from a distance? [5:10]
- How did you start playing freestyle frisbee? [8:22]
- What made you want to study dance in college? [10:06]
- What kind of dance did you study in college? [11:53]
- How has dance and freestyle frisbee shaped you? [13:19]
- Did you see The Greatest Showman with Hugh Jackman? [17:42]
- How did you get into the marketing realm? [18:58]
- Did you consciously start gravitating towards marketplace companies? [21:49]
- What are programmatic job ads? [26:45]
Links from Episode
- Connect with Daniel: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter
- Freestyle frisbee
- Bruce Lee Be Like Water
- Location of Bruce Lee’s grave (Lake View Cemetery)
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (Chapter 1 read)
- Ultimate frisbee
- Genius Hour
- Daniel’s Pizza Hut Commercial (last kid, on the couch)
- Example of African Dance
- Example of Tap Dancing
- Example of Jazz Dancing
- Example of Modern Dance
- “Personal Glossary” podcast episode
- The Greatest Showman on Amazon
- Fortune 500
- Gig Economy
- Venture Capitalists (VC)
- Pay per click advertising (PPC)
- Pay per performance
- Pay per applicant
- Programmatic job advertising
- Google Adwords
- Programmatic display advertising
- Hired Nurses
- My CNA Jobs
- Day parting