A man of many endeavors, his personal coaching business has been his many focus and coaches an audience of C-suite executives, venture capitalists, senior directors, and founders across different industries.
Whether it’s through nootropics, cutting-edge biohacking techniques, or adjusting your approach to nutrition and fitness, they have the best minds in the industry talk about how to achieve optimal performance in all areas of your life. Guests include Olympic athletes, neuroscientists, Navy Seals, authors, and more.
This episode was a hoot! We talk about “brand archetypes” and Sean’s is indisputably “The Magician”. Magicians make dreams come to reality, are seen as visionary and spiritual, and common brands associated with this are Apple, Disney, and Absolut.
We cover a range of topics but in particular Sean’s decisions and growth of building an upscale coaching business, a float center, and a personal brand.
We also have a candid conversation about his opportunity to reach his personal brand’s full potential, something I really appreciated and found valuable for anyone who finds difficulty in balancing marketing, business development, and operations as a “1 man band”. I personally do!
This episode is particularly valuable for 1) anyone who’s considered started a life coaching business and 2) anyone who is building a personal brand and considering all the moving pieces (and where to get help).
Please help grow the show with me…
by reviewing the show on Apple Podcasts! If you leave a written review, it’ll enter you into a $50 Amazon gift card contest, which we’ll announce the winner of every other Thursday.
- What influence did sports have on who you are today? [4:51]
- What pulled you into sports at such an early age? [6:36]
- What other attributes of sports contributed you to be a healthy competitor & good communicator? [9:04]
- The importance of learning how to work with people [11:19]
- The “why” behind athletes being sought out as Account Executives in a wealth management firm [12:13]
- What ultimately lead to focusing on float centers? [13:00]
- How did float centers ultimately lead to life coaching? [16:50]
- Sean’s origin story of becoming a life coach [19:15]
- Why did you become a life coach, instead of getting one? [22:33]
- Did you know being an intuit would lend itself to being a coach? [24:00]
- Being an intuit, what do you understand that others don’t? [26:20]
- How we’re all sending and receiving energy all day, every day [29:41]
- Why it’s hard for people to be more intuitive when with other people [31:11]
Links from Episode
- Connect with Sean: LinkedIn | Instagram | Website
- Optimal Performance Podcast (OPP)
- Joe Montana
- 49ers (football team)
- University of Notre Dame
- The psychology of failure
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- What are deprivation tanks
- What is an altered state of consciousness
- Float Seattle
- Steve Hauschka
- Russell Okung
- Russell Wilson
- Stephen Curry
- Tom Brady
- What is biohacking
- Benefits of Floatation Therapy
- What are spirit guides
- What is a life coach
- What is an intuit
- Clairvoyance (definition)
- Clairsentience (definition)
- Clairaudience (definition)
- Claircognizance (definition)
- Empathic (definition)
- Millennials and empathy
- Sherlock (TV series)
- What is a turbine
- Bruce Lipton
- Michael J Espinoza
- How to be in present moment
- What is a flow state
What new concept did you learn from the episode? Comment below!