Special offer! Get a free $300 smart home kit at: sealed.com/cmpodcast
Missed part 1? Click here!
Did you ever think being more comfortable, could be saving the planet?
Well, it’s possible. Yes, no kidding!
Andy Frank (@AndyJFrank) is Founder & President of Sealed, a climate-tech company that finances home weatherization, insulation, and heat pumps using the dollars homeowners SAVE, by using their service.
We dive deep into…
- Who the hell is Amory Lovins (one of the most fascinating human alive)?
- How does Sealed make a super old, 125-year-old home more efficient?
- What’s Sealed’s GAF (greedy AF) vs LAF (lazy AF) philosophy?
Sealed is re-writing the playbook on climate change. They’re helping you help the planet, all from never leaving your house.
If you’re intrigued, keep listening & you’ll find out more 🙂 Enjoy & take care!
Don’t forget to subscribe on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. It keeps us producing new episodes for you 🙏🏼
- [1:20] What is this GAF (greedy AF) vs. LAF (lazy AF) philosophy?
- [5:27] How is Sealed growing? How are you thinking about growth?
- [7:50] Have you run into any regulatory issues, state by state?
- [10:31] How are you thinking about scale? How are you finding contractors?
- [13:03] Are you all planning to do a lot of marketing? So to have hundreds of thousands of people demanding this?
- [15:45] How do you balance for-profit AND for-climate?
- [19:19] Who are your users (buyers)?
- [19:55] What are the sub-personas of your users?
- [21:10] For heat pumps, you can have a consistent temperature in each room?
- [22:00] What if someone wants to start an Earth-saving startup tomorrow. What advice do you have for them?
- [25:03] Why to beware the ‘enterprise sales’ roadblock.
- [25:39] What’s the next big step-change in climate action, climate-tech, climate sustainability?
- [29:43] Rapid Mayhem questions!
- [33:49] Climate change is so big, people often feel helpless in helping. What is the equivalent of what a listener can do?
- [35:38] Where can we find you? How about Sealed?
Links From Episode
- Connect with Andy: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Follow Sealed: LinkedIn | Twitter | Website | Testimonials
- Contact Sealed: email
- What is Amtrak
- Co-founder of Sealed, Lauren Salz
- What is the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
- What is a heat pump
- What is weatherization
- What is HVAC
- What is Home Advisor
- What is Angi’s List
- What is the National Home Performance Conference
- What are appliance standards
- What is Zero-Emission Vehicle Credits
- Globally, energy efficiency appliances have lowered energy use AS MUCH AS wind & solar have produced (source)
- Replacing single-pane windows with double-pane windows leads to energy savings of up to 40% (source)
- Smart thermostats can help reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 15% (source)
- Green roofs, with vegetation covering the roof surface, have significant impact on a building’s energy efficiency (source)
- What is ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance)
- What is Climate Draft
- Sealed news
- Connect with Andy: Twitter (@AndyJFrank)
- sealed.com/cmpodcast (get a free $300 Smart Home Kit)
How are you applying energy efficiency measures in your own home, and has it impacted your energy usage? Drop a comment below!