Ready for part 2? Click here!
Did you ever think being more comfortable, could be saving the planet?
Well, it’s possible. Yes, no kidding!
Andy Frank (@AndyJFrank) is Founder & President of Sealed, a climate-tech company that finances home weatherization, insulation, and heat pumps using the dollars homeowners SAVE, by using their service.
We dive deep into…
- Who the hell is Amory Lovins (one of the most fascinating human alive)?
- How does Sealed make a super old, 125-year-old home more efficient?
- What’s Sealed’s GAF (greedy AF) vs LAF (lazy AF) philosophy?
Sealed is re-writing the playbook on climate change. They’re helping you help the planet, all from never leaving your house.
If you’re intrigued, keep listening & you’ll find out more 🙂 Enjoy & take care!
Don’t forget to subscribe on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. It keeps us producing new episodes for you 🙏🏼
- [4:02] Is that a mini-split (heating and cooling system) behind you? Or a heat pump?
- [4:51] Do you have an older home?
- [5:20] Who is Amory Lovins? Why is he an inspiration for you?
- [7:32] Can you explain how Amory Lovins never had to turn on the heat in his house?
- [10:46] What inspired you to work in sustainability?
- [13:39] What got you to lean harder into energy efficiency & climate?
- [14:52] How have your thoughts changed over time (on climate)?
- [17:14] How did you get to Sealed?
- [21:11] Can you talk us through the financing part of Sealed?
- [24:01] How does Sealed come in and help me (and my home)?
- [26:44] What do you mean by (home) energy efficiency? How are you measuring it.
- [28:52] Do you all have a guess of how many homes you have to make more efficient, to make an impact?
- [31:55] How are you thinking about government & policy with what Sealed is doing now?
- [33:39] How has the climate bill affected Sealed?
- [37:40] Do you feel like the climate bill is changing consumer behavior?
Links From Episode
- Connect with Andy: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Follow Sealed: LinkedIn | Twitter | Website | Testimonials
- Contact Sealed: email
- Who is Amory Lovins
- The Rocky Mountain Institute
- Natural Capitalism by Amory Lovins
- What is a passive home
- Amory Lovins carbon fiber “hypercar” concept
- What is carbon capture
- What is geoengineering
- What is energy efficiency
- What is electrification
- GreenOrder (now defunct)
- What is performance-based financing
- Efficiency 2.0
- What is a heat pump
- New York Green Bank
- Urban Future Lab
- What is the 25c Tax Credit
- What is the HEEHRA program
- What is the Homes program
- What is the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
What obstacles have you encountered in making your home more sustainable, and how did you overcome them? Comment below 😎