Missed part 1? Click here!
What if your investments could help you AND the future of the planet at the same time?
Today on Climate Mayhem, we answer that EXACT question and give you a secret to saving the planet and to securing your own future!
And a real human touch! Forget complexity and confusion – Carbon Collective simplifies your investing and helps the planet 🌎
Today we tackle some big challenges head-on:
- How storytelling transforms the climate change conversation (you’ll see how Zach is really good at ‘walking the talk’)
- How big changes are more important than small changes (like what you drive, what you buy, and what you invest in) 💰
- And Zach definitely stresses the immense financial impact of this global crisis and the money needed to invest, from companies & individuals, to make a real difference
We covered a lot, but this episode isn’t just educational, this tool is something for you right now – Get ready to invest in your future with ease as we introduce you to Carbon Collective‘s powerful investment platform.
Join us, and Zach Stein, for some mayhem as we shape a sustainable future.
Mayhem on! Btw it would mean a lot if you subscribe on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. It keeps us producing new episodes for you 🙏🏼
- [1:28] How do we start to align these wild incentives that are starting to happen? With these big pressures and challenges. How do you think about this?
- [3:45] How in the invention phase, you need a bunch of cheap capital
- [5:00] How 1/3 of historic inflation has been due to the rising cost of extracting fossil fuels
- [7:49] How does Carbon Collective get a billion assets under management, and not become evil?
- [11:10] We have a $5T-$9T invested goal. How are we doing?
- [14:16] So how are we pacing?
- [16:05] Are government subsidies the right way to go about solving climate change?
- [20:45] What do you think is the next big step change in climate and sustainability?
- [22:28] Rapid Mayhem questions!
- [25:51] You recommend big gears, broad strokes for each person taking climate action. Why do you recommend that?
- [28:44] Where can we find you? How about Carbon Collective?
Links From Episode
- Connect with Zach: LinkedIn
- Follow Carbon Collective: LinkedIn | Twitter | Website
- Get in touch with Carbon Collective: here
- What is inflation
- What is renewable energy
- What is the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
- What is a tax credit
- Who is Joe Manchin
- Ever.green Climate Mayhem episode
- The exponential rise in new car sales being EVs
- 44% of the sustainable investing roles filled over the past 5 years went to women
- Global sustainable investments were at just over $30B USD by 2018
- Sustainable & socially conscious funds have grown to nearly 400 by 2020
- The term ‘impact investing’ was coined by The Rockefeller Foundation back in 2007
- Carbon Collective
- Sign up & start a Carbon Collective account
What do you think? Do you see a potential conflict between profit-driven capitalism and sustainability companies? Can we strike a balance?