Ready for part 2? Click here!
What if your investments could help you AND the future of the planet at the same time?
Today on Climate Mayhem, we answer that EXACT question and give you a secret to saving the planet and to securing your own future!
And a real human touch! Forget complexity and confusion – Carbon Collective simplifies your investing and helps the planet 🌎
Today we tackle some big challenges head-on:
- How storytelling transforms the climate change conversation (you’ll see how Zach is really good at ‘walking the talk’)
- How big changes are more important than small changes (like what you drive, what you buy, and what you invest in) 💰
- And Zach definitely stresses the immense financial impact of this global crisis and the money needed to invest, from companies & individuals, to make a real difference
We covered a lot, but this episode isn’t just educational, this tool is something for you right now – Get ready to invest in your future with ease as we introduce you to Carbon Collective‘s powerful investment platform.
Join us, and Zach Stein, for some mayhem as we shape a sustainable future.
Mayhem on! Btw it would mean a lot if you subscribe on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. It keeps us producing new episodes for you 🙏🏼
- [4:01] You sold worm poop in a past life. How did you get into this?
- [4:59] How did you find customers for that (worm) poop?
- [5:49] I heard it can be “breakeven” in emissions saved vs. emissions made in agriculture. Is that true?
- [9:38] How come you’re so convicted in what you do professionally?
- [11:50] Did you parents instill that (discovery & hard work) in you?
- [12:51] How Zach didn’t think climate would be an issue for him
- [14:57] Why do we need to invest $5T-$9T per year into climate tech companies?
- [19:13] What’s our “pacing” to that ($5T-$9T per year)?
- [21:47] Is the mass adoption to EVs part of the $5T-$9T per year?
- [22:59] How did you get to robo-investing?
- [27:14] When you started to narrow in on investing, did you have to check (the business concept) with others who do not care about climate change?
- [30:01] Divest, reinvest, and pressure the rest.
- [30:28] If I buy a bunch of carbon offsets, is that considered ‘pressuring the rest’?
- [31:17] Is that how planes who say “30% less emissions”? That they use plant sources of fuel (instead of fossil fuels)
- [34:14] So a company who buys carbon offsets falls into your funds?
- [35:07] Storytelling is part of the solution. How do we tell this story sexy enough, that it does change the game?
- [38:22] We’ve done a pretty good job of bringing the awareness of climate change around
- [39:10] Isn’t part of the problem, that we’ve been telling a negative story with climate change?
- [42:25] How do you balance the idea of climate & capitalism co-existing? How do you counter the argument that we need to tear down capitalism?
Links From Episode
- Connect with Zach: LinkedIn
- Follow Carbon Collective: LinkedIn | Twitter | Website
- Get in touch with Carbon Collective: here
- What is silvopasture
- What is no-till farming
- What is regenerative agriculture
- Kiss The Ground documentary
- Skagit Valley, Washington
- San Joaquin Valley, California
- What is topsoil
- An Inconvenient Truth documentary
- 2018 IPCC Report (we have 12 years until 1.5 degrees warming)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- McKinsey & Company
- What are secular trends in stocks
- What Is Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Investing
- What is Impact Investing
- What is a short-haul flight
- What is carob chocolate
- What is “Cancer Alley”
- Doughnut Economics by Kate Raeworth
- What is ‘climate justice’
- What is degrowth
What do you think, though? Is it feasible to grow your wealth through investments in for-profit, climate-focused companies? Comment below 😎